Become a Police Officer
Join Our Team
If you are looking for a job that is different everyday, interesting, and keeps you from being locked in an office all day, then this is the job for you! Being a police officer is an opportunity to do a wide variety of work and serve the community in which you live.
The City of Goldsboro offers
- A great work environment
- Competitive salary and benefit package
- Opportunities for specialization and promotion.
We are looking for the highest quality candidates to join our team of highly-skilled professionals in serving the citizens of Goldsboro.
City of Goldsboro current job openings are located on our Human Resources page.
To become certified as a police officer by the State of North Carolina you must:
- Be a United States Citizen
- Be 20 years of age
- Have a clean record and be of good moral character
- Complete the Basic Law Enforcement Training Program
*If you live in the Goldsboro area, Wayne Community College offers an excellent Basic Law Enforcement Training Program.