The Goldsboro Police Department recognized the need to interact with the youth of our community. Our Officers have the opportunity to be around young men and women in a positive environment.
The Law Enforcement Explorer Program helps build strong relationships between the youth of our community while exposing Explorers to the law enforcement profession. The bonding with certified police officers and exposure to the law enforcement career field has proven to be a rewarding and invaluable experience for the future of our community.
The Goldsboro Police Department is proud to take part in the future of our youth.
Visit us at www.goldsboropoliceexplorers.org
What is Exploring?
Law Enforcement Exploring is a worksite-based program for young men and women who have completed the eighth grade and are 14 years of age, or are 15 years of age, but have not yet reached their 21st birthday.
Law Enforcement Explorer posts help youth gain insight into a variety of programs that offer hands-on career activities. For young men and women who are interested in careers in the field of law enforcement, Exploring offers experiential learning with lots of fun-filled, hands-on activities that promote the growth and development of adolescent youth.
The Explorer Program exposes members to the law enforcement profession and provides satisfaction in serving the people of our community. It gives our youth an alternative to drugs, crime, gangs, and delinquent behavior. Exploring brings law enforcement to life for teens.
The Department sponsors Explorer Post 209. They hold regular meetings on every Thursday of the month from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at the Goldsboro Police Department. The Department is located at 204 S. Center St., Goldsboro, NC.
Law Enforcement Exploring provides:
- Career Opportunities – develops potential contacts for employment options Boosts self-confidence for school & work
- Leadership Experience – exposure to different leadership traits Develops leadership skills
- Character Education – helps in making ethical choices. Fulfills one’s responsibility to society
- Service Learning – encourages the desire to help others. Develops respect of the rights of others
- Life Skills – develops physical & mental fitness. Experience positive social interaction.
If you are interested in becoming an Explorer, contact Captain Trey Ball at email@example.com.